The Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Sport Jacket is a light-weight mesh cooling dog jacket designed specifically to help keep a dog comfortable in hot weather and reduce the effect of sun over-exposure. The Chillybuddy Sport is designed for the dog that plays, runs or works in the woods or any other rough terrain. Its innovative design allows the jacket to stay securely on your dog throughout the most active conditions.
The dog jacket's outer layer is made from a woven synthetic with an aluminized finish. The twisted strands of the cooling dog jacket's fabric function like thousands of tiny mirrors, reflecting all wavelengths of light away from the surface. The dog jacket liner is lined with a cotton mesh. Both layers allow air to pass freely through. The cotton mesh liner can be wetted to provide additonal evaporative cooling.
Unlike other cooling or wet dog jackets, the evaporation occurs in the protective shade of the outer layer covering, creating an unusually cool environment for your dog on the hottest of days.
Chilly Buddy Dog Cooling Dog Jacket Features:
- Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket can significantly lower coat temperature and provides a protective shield from direct sunlight.
- On a 90° F day, wearing a Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket can lower the coat temperature from 145° F to 103° F, a reduction of almost 30%.
- Soaking the Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket in water to dampen the cotton interior lining before use can lower a dog's coat temperature by a further 20 degrees, or from 103° F to 83° F. Cotton has been repeatedly shown to be the best fiber to hold water for evaporative cooling. Synthetic wicking fabrics are useless in this application because dogs do not sweat.
- For light-haired dogs, a Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket also protects the underlying skin from sunburn.
- Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket can protect coats of show dogs from sun bleaching - which often occurs as summertime reddening or browning, especially at the tips of the coat.
- The Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket was field-tested in mountain terrain and open-field hunting.
How to Measure your Dog
Neck: The circumference of the dog's neck at its widest point.
Back Length: The distance between the collar and the base of the tail.
Girth: The circumference of the dog's chest at its widest part.
It is important to note that the back length is the most important measurement of the three. The Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket provides room for adjustment in the girth and neck straps so it is crucial that the Chillybuddy Dog Cooling Jacket you get covers the length of your dog's back. When in doubt, a little excess on the back length is better than having it be too short.